For our first lifestyle challenge (that sparked our interest for creating this whole blog) is our No Heat and Pantry Eat Challenge.
Working entry level jobs where we make NOTHING, saving money is always a must. Ashley and I are also always looking to simplify and cutdown so this idea was perfect for us!
The rules are simple:
- No heat until January 1 (This is not impossible as we live in South Carolina where the weather goes from 30 to 70 degrees in a day.)
- You can only create meals from the food in the pantry, fridge and freezer until January 1. No grocery shopping!
- Bread, milk and eggs are the exception.
- You can only eat out twice a week (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- If absolutely needed, you can buy things to complete a recipe ONLY IF it’s on sale. For example, if you have wild rice and cream of chicken but you need chicken to complete the recipe, you can buy the chicken if it’s on sale.
And that’s it!
As you can see from the pictures of our pantry, fridge and freezer this is a much needed clean out for us.
We hope you’ll join us in simplifying our pantry and saving money for the next month!